Datto surveyed 2400+ ITprofessionals who deal withransomware attacks everyday.Here’s what we learned.
* Ransomware attacks continue to climbFrom Q2 2016 - Q2 201879% of MSPsreport ransomwareattacks against SMBs.In the first half of 2018alone, 55% reportattacks against clients.
* 35% of MSPsreport that their clients sufferedmultiple attacks in the same dayThis number is up from 26%year-over-year.
* IT Pros Report that only 1 in 4 of those attacks arereported to authorities,which means the problem islikely bigger than we know.
* CryptoLocker and WannaCry reign supreme as the mostcommon strains of ransomware, but new, vicious strains popup every day.
* An Apple operating system isn’t a silver bullet. In the first half of 2018, the numberof IT professionals reporting OS/iOSattacks is up bynearly 500%year-over-year.
* The cloud is NOT immune.Of the IT pros that reportcloud-based malwareinfections, nearly 50%called out Office 365 asthe target.
* So how devastating can a ransomware attack be for a business?
* 67% report that victimized clients experienced a loss of business productivity More than half witnessedbusiness-threatening downtime
* The average amount ofransom requested isroughly $4,300.But downtime cuts thedeepest...
* The average cost of downtime from asingle attack rings in at an estimated$46,800!
* The cost of downtime can be10x higherthan the ransom requested.
* Today’s IT professionalsare calling out the lack ofcybersecurity training acrossbusinesses worldwide.